Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Walking in the early AM and loving it!

I started walking with the lady's in the area. Wow! I started out with the '3 mile group' but by the end of that week I decided I wanted to increase to the 5 mile group. Each day I have been posting on Facebook my progress but today I wanted to share with you as well. 

Walking: Week 3, day 3 (I think) Since DH has retired...everyday is Saturday! lol Walked my 5 miles in one hour and 16 minutes. I want to share something with you. I have said from the beginning there is nothing like walking with others. I have not had that...until now. So, I need to practice what I preach, right? I have found myself so driven...I just want to walk...fast....no time for chit chat. Reminded myself of that character in Alice in Wonderland! I notice others slowing down, walking a bit with the '3 mile group'. Oh no, not me!!! I am on a mission. Well...I've decided to change that. And today I had that very opportunity. I notice this dear lady chatting with others...trying to keep up. So as I came toward her, I introduced myself and here was my 'change of heart'. I slowed down...way down. I gain so much respect for her during our short time together. Last year at this time she could not even walk. Had brain surgery..so on and so forth. WOW. What an inspiration to me! We caught up with the others at the cal de sac and joined right in. She started chatting with someone else and away I went. To my surprise I walked my 5 miles about the same amount of time!!! Its all good...*smile* Here is a quick pic along the way...you see, a rock yard!
                                    This hill is quite the challenge.
                        I do very well and going down is just as much as work-out! 

      What a view! One of 7 lakes in this lovely town. Can not wait to see what SPRING brings!!!

3 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely pictures of your walk, love the rock garden
Margaret

stitchersanon said...

What a great idea: more likely to walk if you do it with others. Wish we had something like that here!

Nancy G said...

I found out about the group reading it on the POA. (Property owners association)Some of the walkers are talking part in a Walk/Run 5k marathon. A few of these ladies have walked for years now, over 10 in some cases. I drive 5 miles (round trip) to walk 5 miles! How silly. BUT for me its worth it. The drive is awesome but on a 2 lane long and winding road...no way would I ever walk it! Plus as you said, I am more likely to walk if you do it with others!!