Saturday, September 9, 2017

A few days has gone by...

...and things are going well in my 'Monarch Kingdom'. I've had a few disappointment but I have to concentrate on the positive. Last fall I released 12 Monarch Butterflies and I was soooo excite! With things going the way they are this year, I will have more then doubled. Now that is a good thing.  I don't know if I mentioned it yet but I have found at least 12 caterpillars outdoors in 'Mon Jardin de Papillion'. Here are 4. I've had to let go and let Mother Nature do her thing.


Yesterday I had a 'meeting' at Hobbs State Park, A group is getting together for the 3rd annual Living Forest event. An alternative to a scary to some Halloween. Here is one of MANY costumes....
                        She will also wear black pants. Isn't she gorgeous?!


   This morning while watering my butterfly garden, I came across...

....a chrysalis hanging under the little bench of my garden bed!!! WOW...a 'New to Me' find!   *smile*

Today there are 35 chrysalis and 4 caterpillars indoors. Fingers crossed for the best. Stay tune, soon they should start to enclose.


 

No comments: