Sunday, October 23, 2016

Rearing Monarch butterfles, preparing for next year and tatting

Tagging the butterflies is one of the things I want to get involved with next spring. Here I am sharing with you someone who has done it and explains it quite well.

This is a great web page  I have newly discovered about Monarchs. A place to get wonderful information.

Another thing I would like to do is to get certified as having a Way Station. This is creating a safe place to feed monarchs and help them to get to there next destination in their long migration.

I am well on my way on with the butterfly garden I have started. With only 6 milkweed plants, a few nectar plants and a butterfly bush I was able to release 12 Monarchs this fall. So looking forward to spring...when the 'children' return as they are migrating North.

One more pic I wanted to share with...a poem by Lynn R.





In the meantime I am still tatting. Here is one of two doily's I am making for a friend. Both alike to go on her end tables. The pattern is the first 7 rows of Renulek's Spring 2016 doily. I used sized 10 thread and it measures about 12 inches in diameter, perfect for my project.


 

3 comments:

LibraryLady said...

Nancy, on one of your earlier chrysalis posts you showed us how to identify if the monarch will be male or female! I'm looking forward to sharing this with my children's librarian colleagues next year.

Congratulations on your great-granddaughter! She will always be in your heart!! I do hope you get to hold her soon and often!

~Heidi, another monarch wrangler, in MN

Nancy G said...

I am so happy you found something 'useful' to share, LibraryLady! Thank you for your kind words.

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

I thought that doily looked familiar.