Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Almost time to go home...bittersweet.


Jan. 24, 2015. Four days old... She is so in love, well it looks like they both are. Penelope was so worth the wait.
I did this quilt and it needed a home. So it's for Miss Penelope. I love the retro fabric of the ducks...so did the 'baby momma'!
 
                                          Fun in the sun...until next time!  *smile*                 
 
Jan 30, 2015: Saying my good byes...
 
 Knowing that these young parents are sound and doing so well, Ondrea doing fantastic after her giving birth by cesarean section its time for me to return home. What a wonderful 5 and half weeks this has been. We laugh, cried, ate, and played. We spent Christmas, both Andrew's and Ondrea's birthdays, New Years day and the birth of this beautiful child together. I also had the opportunity to meet both of Andrews parents for the first time. I see now where Andrew gets his 'genes' from!
 
 
And....here is what I have waiting for me at home:
 
 
 
 
Sophie
 
 
and Zoe. 
 
It's all good. *smile*

3 comments:

tattrldy said...

It is wonderful that you were able to spend all that time with them. It will be nice to be home, what with the furbabies and all, and there is such a thing as Skype to visit 'live' with them, but it's not the same as being there. Thanks for sharing some of your visit with us.

Nancy G said...

tatteldy, thank you so much for your kind words. It was by far the hardest thing to 'wrap up'. I think I cried most the way thought the post. But I did have a smile when my daughter posted this on face book: "Please come trim your grand daughter's nails. The ladies at the salon said, "too small"." Gotta love it!

Margarets designer cards said...

Have a safe journey home. I expect you will be pleased to go home.
Margaret