Sunday, March 1, 2009

My friend Sandy...




...and I are almost finished with her quilt project. Months back she wanted to make a quilt for her son and daughter-in-law. We missed the 'Christmas' deadline...lol. It has been very rewarding for me to quilt with someone. I have always done this alone. Wow..how helpful it was to have her here to do the basting...
All that needs to be done is the stitch in the ditch quilting, which I will do with my Janome and I will let her do the hand binding.
This pattern is a 9 Patch/Rail Fence, size 49X64 and was from the first quilt pattern I made in July 2002. To help me get started, I took a class from a wonderful lady in Gladstone, Mo. at
Jo-Ann's fabric. Everything else has been self taught thanks to the Internet and wonderful books...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Look at that lovely space you have to do quilting. How nice to have someone to quilt with. The quilt is lovely. I sure hope her kids enjoy their beautiful gift! :)

Nancy G said...

I am greatful for the space, and I am blessed to have another room where the quiling fame is! Its share with the 'quest room'.
Yes, quilting with Sandy has been fun! I will be sure to show off the 'finish product'. *smile*

Sandy said...

The joy is in having a patient, kind, understanding friend who is generous with her time.

Nancy has been a blessing to me!

Sandy :-)