Sunday, January 8, 2017

Getting ready for a 'New To Me' adventure....

Woke up to 9 degrees Fahrenheit. Wow! Now to decided how to dress for a day with 9 other die hard hikers. Layers for sure. Later the temp should be in the teen, then mid 20's. I get the pups out of their kennels, get backpack ready with breakfast, snacks and water. Again, am I dress well enough?! Do I have everything for a 2 hour plus drive...blah, blah, blah. About an hour into the ride, I get a text from dh saying "did you forget something".
Believe me, it was more of a statement than a question. Here is the pic that followed:

 
Oh NO!!!   I forgot about Abby, my Pacific Parrotlet! She sleeps in a sleeper cage which I put her each evening and in the morning she will usually just fly to the large cage in the living room when her door is opened. Well. Not today. DH will NOT touch Abby. So, here she is in all her glory with DH making her as comfortable as possible. It's all good because soon she will be in Wichita, Kansas in this cage for about a month while I spend time in Cool, California.

No comments: