Wednesday, June 24, 2015

A day kayaking on the Buffalo River Ponca, Arkansas with 'Rosie'

 
                                After a 2 hour drive....5 of us are getting ready.

 
                             And there she goes! Our experience friends were telling her where to paddle to avoid huge rocks/boulders.

 
                                       Isn't this awesome. Such a lovey place.



Yes, I did it. A really cool rapid area, but I spoke too soon. At the next one, I hit a boulder and Rosie and I rolled right over! Because I was wearing a life jacket, I stayed above water. Here we are draining the kayak...again. Because of the rapids we had to stop and drain the kayaks a few times.  A great way to cool off on a warm day.
 
After a few hours of paddling we took a hike up the mountain and saw this awesome waterfall. This was the last pic I took when my phone lost service.  What an wonderful day and we are planning another float on the Buffalo in a week or so. Can't wait!

 Such beauty! A fantastic 5 hour paddle.
 

No comments: