Friday, May 31, 2013

A Star Quilt

A few years ago (2007) I was given a quilt top. My daughters grand-mother 'wanted something to do' so she made the top. Bless her heart, she was well into her 80's! Can you tell...she LOVES bright colors! I had it professional quilted. He did an awesome job! Mrs. Foster only HAND CUTS each and every one of her pieces. After our visit to Branson, Mo. and seeing all the awesome quilts at many shops I decided it was time to finished the queen/king size quilt. So yesterday I pulled if off the quilt rack and added the binding, (receipt was from Jan 2011). Oh My! I guess the spirit has moved me...its about time, don't you think!?!?!?!

One back corner...

Sides...

Binding...

So, last night I started hand sewing the binding. I did 7 feet! Wow, at that rate I may finish  and have it ready for a bed come winter! *smile*


2 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Wonderful quilt and it certainly will brighten up the bed during the winter plus keep you warm
Margaret

God's Kid said...

That is an absolutely gorgeous quilt!!! :)