Friday, October 19, 2012

Having fun with buttons, hooks and hats!

A PDF file to purchase can be found here: Little Black Dress sachet

I am much better at tatting then I am sewing, that's for sure. I made both sides of the 'dress', but having problems with the inside sewing part. Oh well. But isn't it such a cute idea!!!
Thanks to a dear tatting friend, she made the tatting even easier for me. Instead of 3 different parts, I was able to use split rings and do it all in one pass. Yeah, I'm 'getting it'! lol



                                      Then I added some tatting to a ball cap...
       

I use Liquid Stitch to attach tatting to bill of cap.
                              The whole motif would have been too big, so I just used part!



                                        Then...I started making these little ornaments hooks!
 
                          This is only my first batch, still learning when to zig and when to zag!

12 comments:

IsDihara said...

You lacy lil' lingerie sachet looks lovely to me as well as your other creavite bits! I am preparing to tat the Little Black Dress Sachet pattern in Red and white (hopefully to look like a Santa suit) just waiting for a sparkly doodad to arrive in the mail. I thought it would be nicer for a holiday ornament to use a doodad instead of a button. My fingers are itching to get started! (Ooh, I hate waiting...)

Your blog post today was a welcome distraction and a lovely read.

Nancy in Dallas said...

Thank you for the visit and the comment! Ooooh, can't wait to see your little red and white dress. I bet it'll be so cute. I did try using a little heart doodah, but I found I needed to use a small thread instead of the 10 I used for this dress. Have fun and Happy Tatting!

Margarets designer cards said...

I love the design, something different for a change and would look good on the front of a card as well as on net as per the pattern. I will think about buying it.
Margaret

Marilee Rockley said...

The little dress is coming along beautifully! Tatting on a cap is a cute idea too. How did you attach the tatting?

Ladytats said...

your tatting is looking very good. those are cute hooks, will you hang tatting from them?

Nancy in Dallas said...

Yes Margaret, I agree. It's worth buying. She did a really nice job with the whole pattern. You are right, I too think the 'dress' would look so cute on a card. One could even step it up with a 'doodad' in the center! *smile*

Nancy in Dallas said...

Thank you Marilee for stopping by. I use a product called Liquid Stitch. I find it works very well. I have used it for a while now. No problems with staining and seems to stand up pretty well.

Marilee Rockley said...

Thanks for the tip on the Liquid Stitch product. I may need to give that a try sometime.

God's Kid said...

Great tatting and hooks!! :)

Nancy in Dallas said...

Yes, that is the plan. Gets my tatting pieces out of the 'container' and out where I can see and appreciate them! *smile* Then perhaps hang them on a Christmas tree.

Nancy in Dallas said...

Thank you! So fun to make too, almost as much as tatting! lol

tattrldy said...

Love the Little Black dress. I went over to see the pattern, very cute. Some good ideas about using it on a card, too, and a doodad in the center, and, and, and - just cute! The hat looks good with the partial on it. Looks kinda familiar. LOVE your hooks! I have to try that. Such a good idea to get the tatting out to see.