Saturday, September 6, 2008

Pattern called 'Hope', now a bookmarker!


I walked away from the quilting table, feeling very frustrated and almost defeated. So, I picked up my tatting shuttle, filled it with size 10 thread. Next, I went threw a few patters that were shared at my last tatting group, and away I went. OMG! I must say I surprised even me! I did it. A 2 1/2 inch square. The name truly describes how I feel. Perhaps I will reload another piece to work on the New Joy...but not today. A friend is coming over and I will help her make her very first quilt. Now, that makes me smile.
I decided to add this square to a black felt strip. I started working on some 'new to me' embroidery stitches like the Cast- Stitch-Rose and a simple split stitch butterfly. I added some more tatting pieces to it and this is what it turned out to be...a bookmark.
I did another 'Hope' in variegated colors, what do you thing?

4 comments:

Sandy said...

I love the tatted piece! It is so beautiful!!!

I'm sorry that your friend pooped out on you. She was really looking forward to coming and is disappointed, but realizes her own limitations.

The material is waiting....

Blessings on you and Happy Hatchday to Ms. Abby,
Sandy, "the" friend ;-)

Lori Gibson said...

Miss Nancy, I love love love your tatting! My sister's mom-in-law was an artist when it comes to tatting and I am fortunate enough to have a few of her pieces. "HOPE" is truely beautiful. I hope you will post a picture of the the quilt you helped your friend make. That makes me smile too!

Sandy said...

Nancy, I added a link on my blog to your blog.

Your friend wants to work on that quilt! ;-)

Sandy in North Texas
Who is smiling, too.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Lovely tatting Nancy. Wish I could figure out how to do it. I just can not get my fingers to work right. hugs Judy